Friday, August 7, 2009

Update

Job: I finally got a new job...yay! I got an offer today and I couldn't be more thrilled. I still have to deal with the terrible task of handing in my two week notice today at my present employment, in person. I plan to go down to part-time (for extra money) but I know my current boss is going to be pretty upset about it. Especially since she will be going on vacation next week and it will be one more thing she has to worry about and one more thing she has to be "bothered with". (She has said this to another employee with heir young daughter was in the ER; my boss hates being bothered I guess)

Family: I had my two nephews come and visit and they spent the night. They are 3 and 5 yrs old. It was soo cute, they behaved very well and didn't miss mommy too much. It made me want to have kids; it had the opposite affect on my husband. As he put it was "the best form of birth control" to have them visit. I realized....it sure takes a LOT of energy to have kids, even for just a day. Kudos to the mothers out there!

Me: I have been doing some sewing. I love it. I wish I was better at it but I'm sure it will come with time and practice. I made a dress for my sister and an apron for my little 5 yr nephew so he can bake cookies with mom. They both were happy. I already have a request from my sister to make another dress. I think I will make a wrap dress. I will try to remember to take a picture of her dress as soon as I see her next (within the next week or two).

I took some classes this summer.

I am still married. We are getting along well but he can be messy sometimes and it drives me crazy. Sadly I don't hold back when that happens but am working on it. There is a book called ...." the husband project; 21 days..." I can't remember the title exactly but it is a 21 day challenge to show your significant other how much you love and appreciate them (it has husband in the title because I think there are some sexual activities involved) I think anyone could use it to show someone how much you care about them.

I am still a little wierded out by putting my life out there for all to read...but I'll ignore that paranoid part of me for now.

I am planning on organizing my life a lot more. I am very unorganized but need to get it together. I am going to follow the "Make your home a Haven" challenge. I have heard great feedback on it. It is intended primarly for SAHM but I think it can help me, too. More updates to come as I will be putting my to do lists online.

Take care,
MM

No comments:

Post a Comment